The city council is offering one local small business the chance to win a pop-up stall on its award-winning Norwich Market in the run-up to Christmas.
A number of the city’s independent businesses, which are now based in shops or permanent market stalls, have started life on the market and a pop-up stall is the perfect way to try out trading in the centre of Norwich.
The winning business, which must be based in Norwich and must offer something different to what is already on the market, will be able to trade on the stall for one week at the end of November/start of December.
Councillor Matthew Packer, cabinet member responsible for markets, said: “Norwich Market is a vibrant and exciting place to trade in the heart of the city centre, attracting a wide range of customers.
“We’d like to give a local business looking to move into a physical shop or permanent stall the opportunity to come and try out all the market has to offer.”
Norwich Market does not let pop-up stalls to food businesses, because of the equipment needed, so food businesses need not apply as they will not be eligible to win.
- The winning business will have use of the pop-up stall, free of charge for one week, from Monday, 29 November until Sunday, 5 December*
- The stall will be approximately 7.5ft deep, with a frontage that is 9.5ft wide
- It will be at stall 176, the pop-stall located in the centre of the market
- There is an electric roller shutter at the front and a sliding door for access on the side
- Each stall has electricity, which is included in the prize – there is an overhead light and usually four double electrical sockets. The maximum cumulative load for these is 7KwH
- The stall can be decorated with any non-permanent items, including bunting, PVC signs etc. – these must just be removed before you leave
- There are two loading zones alongside the market
- Public toilets are located next to the market
- Consent will be granted for use of the pop-up stall and the terms and conditions of the licence will be sent by request
- If you enjoy your time on Norwich Market and would like to trade again in a pop-up, you can contact the markets team at the council
For the chance to win the pop-up stall on Norwich Market, please send us a short video (no longer than 90 seconds), explaining what your business can bring that is different to Norwich Market. Send your videos via WeTransfer to email@example.com
The closing date for entries is 5pm on Friday, 29 October. Entries will be judged by a panel and the winner will be notified by Friday, 12 November.
For more information about Norwich Market, visit norwichmarket.net